A deeper look into history — but some remain hidden.
The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has processed thousands more previously-withheld John F. Kennedy assassination documents.
The request has been made to comply with President Joe Biden’s memorandum requiring disclosure of releasable records by December 15, 2022.
More than 13,000 records of John F. Kennedy’s assassination are included in the release, over 26 pages.
The records include more information on accused gunman Lee Harvey Oswald, particularly long-awaited details on his time spent in Mexico City. Also included are full transcripts of committee hearings.
Under the JFK Records Act, all documents related to the assassination were supposed to be released by 2017. But Donald Trump delayed the full publication of all records and ultimately left it in the hands of Biden, who in 2021 delayed full release again.
This is more than five years after the documents were originally required by law to be publicly disclosed.
Even with this release, however, some documents still remain secret.
Secret documents involving government contacts with Oswald.
3% ARE STILL HIDDEN
While these documents provide more insight into the series of events, the release fell short of fully complying with the spirit of a 30-year-old law demanding transparency by now.
With today’s action, about 98% of all documents related to the 1963 killing have now been released — leaving 3% of the records that remain redacted in whole or in part, according to the National Archives, which controls the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection.
Among the documents that remain largely hidden: 44 related to a shadowy CIA agent, George Joannides, and a covert Cuba-related program he ran that came into contact with Lee Harvey Oswald less than four months before Kennedy was shot.
This is according to calculations made by JFK researchers with the Mary Ferrell Foundation, the nation’s largest non-profit repository of the assassination records, which sued the administration to make all the documents public. The foundation says the CIA is withholding most of the records at issue.
This program reportedly came into contact with Oswald in the months before the assassination, leading some to speculate about CIA-related complicity in the killing.
Many of those Joannides records were never put in the National Archives’ JFK collection, according to the foundation, so the lion’s share of the suspected records were not released.
Biden noted that the Records Act “…permits the continued postponement of disclosure of information … only when postponement remains necessary to protect against an identifiable harm to the military defense, intelligence operations, law enforcement, or the conduct of foreign relations that is of such gravity that it outweighs the public interest in disclosure.”
Who are they trying to protect all these decades later?
Documents in the latest batch of releases show the CIA were also keeping a keen eye on any news outlets that were reporting the connections at the time.
As Oswald was in Cuba, the Pentagon was formulating a plan called Operation Northwoods to stage a false flag attack in the United States to blame on Cuba and justify a military confrontation.
These key documents are the final missing links for both stories, and sadly, they still haven’t seen the light of day.
Experts say there’s no justification for withholding them to protect national security or intelligence.
“We’re 59 years after President John Kennedy was killed and there’s just no justification for this,” said Judge John H. Tunheim, who from 1994-98 chaired the Assassination Records Review Board that was established under the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992, which Biden voted for.
Still, there are a few interesting gems to be found in the collection.
For more TOTT News:
Facebook — Facebook.com/TOTTNews
YouTube — YouTube.com/TOTTNews
Instagram — Instagram.com/TOTTNews
Twitter — Twitter.com/EthanTOTT
Bitchute — Bitchute.com/TOTTNews
Gab — Gab.com/TOTTNews